Coronavirus / COVID-19
Coronavirus / COVID-19
Information on the current situation
We are currently OPEN and available for all types of supplies. Of course, we comply with all protective measures of the FOPH.
The mask obligation in our practice has been cancelled. Those who would still like to wear a mask may of course do so.
For more information, please see below:
Our practice is open Monday through Saturday during normal opening hours.
If you are unsure about the appointment or to order contact lenses or care products, you can reach us by phone (031 311 07 66) or by email email@example.com
Take your appointment with us only healthy – if there are signs of indisposition or illness, please cancel or postpone the appointment!
There will be no charge for appointments cancelled even at short notice. Of course, we adhere as best as possible and consistently to the official requirements for risk minimization (hygiene measures, distance, employees with health problems stay at home, etc.).
Here again in brief summary:
- If you have a cold or other symptoms of illness, do not come to us. Contact us by phone, we will find a solution!
- As always, we pay attention to thorough hygiene and disinfect the facility and equipment after each patient.
Contact lenses – safety and hygiene
A new study published in March in “Ophthalmology” on COVID-19 patients found that there was no evidence of the virus in tear samples.
The study thus suggests a low risk of transmission to the eyes, which is good news. Contact lenses can therefore continue to be worn safely. It is certainly time to continue to maintain strict hygiene when wearing contact lenses. All approved care products for contact lenses efficiently kill the coronavirus. If you want to play it safe, wear 1 day contact lenses. Another good summary can be downloaded here as a pdf.
The following steps are still very important:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and dry hands completely.
- Use 1 day contact lenses if possible.
- If care solutions are required, use them as directed. In particular, do not refill or reuse solutions.
- Replace the containers monthly or more frequently.
- Rinse the contact lens cases daily and allow them to air dry inverted.
- Do not wear contact lenses when you are sick.
- Do not sleep with your contact lenses unless medically necessary.
At present, all our contact lenses and care products are available for delivery without any problem
All custom or medical contact lenses are also available without any delivery delays. You are welcome to order the products you need by phone 031 311 07 66 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send the goods to your desired address.