Information on the current situation
We have OPENED again normally and are available for all kinds of services for you. Obviously, we comply with all the FOPH’s protective guidelines. If possible, please come to the appointment with your own protective mask. However, disposable masks are also available.
Our practice is open from Monday to Saturday during our normal opening hours.
If you are uncertain about your appointment or for orders of contact lenses or care products you can reach us by phone (031 311 07 66) or by email email@example.com
Please keep your appointment with us only in good health – if there are signs of indisposition or illness, please cancel or postpone the appointment!
Even appointments cancelled at short notice will not be charged. Of course, we adhere to the official requirements for risk minimization (hygiene measures, distance, employees with health problems stay at home, etc.) in the best possible and consistent manner.
Here again briefly summarized:
- If you have a cold or other symptoms of illness, do not come to us. Contact us by phone, we will find a solution!
- If you belong to a risk group (= older than 65 or with previous illnesses), do not come to us. Contact us by phone, we will find a solution!
- As always, we pay attention to thorough hygiene and disinfect the furniture and equipment after each patient.
Contact lenses – safety and hygiene
A new study published in March in “Ophthalmology” on COVID-19 patients found no evidence of the virus in tear samples.
The study thus indicates a low risk of transmission to the eyes, which is good news. So contact lenses can still be worn safely. It’s certainly time to continue to maintain strict hygiene when wearing contact lenses. All approved contact lens care products effectively kill the corona virus. If you want to be on the safe side, wear 1 day contact lenses. Another good summary can be downloaded here as pdf.
The following steps are still very important:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry them completely
- Use 1 daily contact lens if possible.
- If care products are required, use them as intended. In particular, solutions must not be refilled or reused.
- Replace the containers monthly or more often.
- Rinse the contact lens cases daily and let them air dry upside down.
- Do not wear contact lenses when you are sick.
- Do not sleep with your contact lenses unless it is medically necessary.
Availability of Products
At the moment all our contact lenses and care products are available without any delay.
All custom made or medical contact lenses are also available without any delivery delays. You can order the required products by phone 031 311 07 66 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send the goods to your desired address.